Bridge Design is a vital topic of study in Civil Engineering. In the Bridge Design Workshop, participants will design and
fabricate their own bridge. The bridge model made by participants can take up to 1000 times the self-weight.The
workshop includes instruction on the key structural components of Structural engineering and bridge construction –
beams, arches, trusses, suspensions, and test for maximum load.
- The program is designed to take the participants through the technical concepts involved in Civil Engineering
- This workshop is a unique opportunity to avail hands-on experience of Civil Engineering projects.
- Students learn about different bridges and how they work.
- Introduction to Bridge Design through interactive lecture sessions with good multimedia content
- Interactive practical session on CAD based Bridge Design, Fabrication and Testing
- Bridge model is self-fabricated and tested model by each team
- Exposure to current industry methods used in bridge design
- Discussion about implementing the knowledge gained to develop good B.Tech/M.Tech Project
Course Structure and Topics Covered
- Lecture andamp; Design: Participants would be taught various concepts involved in ‘Bridge Design’ and are made to perform CAD based analysis of their respective bridges
- Fabrication: Each team will fabricate their own bridge according to their design with the raw material provided by us
- Testing: This session is the most interesting part of this workshop where the participants bridge is tested for maximum load to judge the maximum efficiency of the bridge. Teams with maximum efficiency will be given Best Design Award
- Introduction to different types of bridges.
- The basic concepts involved in designing of different bridges.
- Structural Response of bridges to different types of moving loads
- Load calculation in various truss using CAD model
- Modeling/analysis of sample bridges
- Designing and analyzing the bridge using CAD model
- Fabrication of a bridge and testing for the maximum load taken to measure efficiency
- Bridge design issues arising during practical sessions
- Case studies for better understanding of Bridge Design concepts
• Bridge Engineering
Design concepts involved in different types of Bridges
• Modeling and Analysis of sample Bridges using Industry grade software
• Structural responses due to different loads
• Case studies for better understanding of Bridge Design concepts
- Lecture – 4 Hrs
- Design – 5 Hrs
- Fabrication – 4 Hrs
- Testing and Competition – 2.5 Hrs
- Certificate Distribution – 0.5 Hr
• Design, Fabricate and Test your own Bridge
• Exposure to new technologies involved in Bridge Engineering
• Understanding the concepts of different Bridges with case studies
• Competition to measure efficiency of the fabricated Bridge
• Certificate of Participation from RoboFeast-2017 In Association With EDC IIT-Roorkee.
• Certificate of merit from RoboFeast-2017 In Association With EDC IIT-Roorkee.
• Certificate of Coordination from RoboFeast-2017 In Association With EDC IIT-Roorkee.
Program Agenda for Bridge Design Workshop
1st Day: Session 1: Lecture Session: 2 hrs.
- An Introduction
- Design concepts involved in different types of Bridges
Session 2: Software Session: 2 hrs.
- Introduction to the Bridge Design Software
- 2D modelling of a truss Bridge
- Analysis of Loads
Session 3: Software Session: 2 hrs.
- Introduction to the software, SAP2000
- Setting up different load cases
- 3D Modelling of a Truss Bridge
- Designing of a Truss bridge considering the Problem Statement
2nd Day: Session 4: Design and Fabrication Session: 4
- Finalizing the truss design
- Fabrication of the Truss Bridge using Balsa Wood
Session 5: Load Testing Session: 4 hrs.
Appeal For Make Your College as a Zonal Center
In case of any queries | please feel free to contact
Phone : +91 -8505838080
(M), (011) 65544708(O)
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Free Software Toolkit CD/DVD (Containing E-Books, Software, Video’s, Tutorials, projects).
- Full Version Software CD/DVD To each Student.
- Wooden Sticks for Bridge Design
Benefits of association with us
• Name and Logo including website link will be published on our official website mentioning that “You are
our Official Zonal Partner”.
• Authorized Team will visit your College to organize the entire event.
• Chance to get associated with nationally acclaimed engineering Institute of India.
• An email will be sent to more than 1 lack users of our web partners about your college publicity.
• Posters and Flexes will be sent to you for effective regional publicity.
• All India publicity through SMS will also be done.
Benefits to the Participants
- Certificate of Participation from RoboFeast-2017 In Association With EDC IIT-Roorkee.
- Certificate of merit from RoboFeast-2017 In Association With EDC IIT-Roorkee.
- Best Design Award
- Best Fabrication Award
- Best Innovation Award
- A Bridge Design Contest provides participants with a realistic introduction to Civil engineering in a fun and interesting way
- Free Software Toolkit CD (Containing E-Books, Software, Video’s, Tutorials, projects)
- Full Version Software CD To each Student
Prerequisite for Workshop
• Passion to learn new creative things.
• Basic Knowledge of Structure Analysis & Design
• Having basic knowledge of Computers.
Who Could Attend?
- Students willing to take up projects in Structural engineering like Bridge Design
- Structural Engineering aspirant
Requirements for Zonal Center
• Seminar hall/classroom having the enough capacity to conduct hands-on-session for all participants.
• Good Quality public address system ideally two cordless mikes will be required.
• Projector/ Screen along with black/white board for teaching and presentation purposes.
• One small stereo jack cord connect to laptop for its sound system.
• This Zonal center can only be arranged for a minimum of 60 students
Responsibility of an Organizer
• Hospitality (2 days) for a team of 1-2 members.
• Pick and Drop facility from the nearest railway station/bus stop/ airport.
2-Days (7-8 hours each day)
• RS.1200/per participant only.
• The fee includes all tax, training, certification, and Event registration.
Please be free to contact us for any kind of discussions related to RoboFeast-2017
Dept. of Education & Training Development
Finland Labs(Unit of Revert Technology Pvt. Ltd)
NWTP-2017 | AppsFluxus-2017 | RoboFeast-2017
Contact No. +91-8505838080 | 011-65544707
Email: email@example.com | http://finlandlabs.com/nwtp/